10 Tips For Home Maintenance
Maintenance is the process of preserving something to its best possible state. When it comes to your home maintenance is used to prevent corrosion and possible cause of a fire. Below are some tips to help you maintain your house but this tip are not limited.
1. Change Batteries for Smoke detectors it is a simple and small item to look into, once lapses occur it could be very costly and critical for your home. A thing that could have been easily prevented could have been avoided easily by just regularly changing the batteries.
2. Protect yourself against termites. Set a periodic check-up for mites and mice pest control, other insects could easily slip through cracks that could cause structural damages. The common cause of this kind of pest infestation is not taking out the trash regularly, not covering holes, cracks, and holes, not cleaning the kitchen appliances, and not repairing leaks that could cause moisture. The pest could be prevented if you will wash the bedding, vacuuming, regular carpet change and using dehumidifiers.
3. Hardwood floors eventually have scuffs caused by the rollers, shoe traffic, and furniture relocations. Make sure to wipe the floor with a specialized cleaning solution for hardwood floors.
4. Doors could get easily broken or loose. Conduct a garage door safety check regularly, garage door repair is a must for some countries since this kind of door is carefully checked by the inspector for the pets and kids safety. If your home has a roller door, at some point in time you will need to repair roller door as well.
5. Always check for your water heater’s leakage or rust.
6. Check your emergency flashlight. Check if your batteries are working if not you should replace the batteries or change the model into manually winded flashlights
7. Clean your kitchen exhaust hood or replace the filter for the kitchen exhaust hood. This kind of action will also help you to prevent sickness. Some sicknesses are due to dust or smoke pollution once the filter is dirty air circulation inside the house may not be circulated as well as before.
8. Clean the air conditioner grill would help to circulate cold air faster or as good as new, it would also help to lessen electrical fee since the motor will work less.
9. Make sure to clean your gutter regularly. Gutters could store leaves or any solid objects, once these solid items weigh too much a bigger expense could occur.
10. Prevent damaging the wall paints, small scuffs could cause repainting the whole wall since scuffs could be an eyesore once seen.